1. With dogs and bears we often associate a strong sense of smell, but snakes are as well good at discerning scents. With their flicking tongues they also enhance their sense of smell to engage the vomeronasal organs on the roof of their mouths.
2. Snakes can consume things much many time bigger than themselves, for sure human bodys as well! They do have two lower jaws, one is on each side, that move independently of each other, as well as a bunch of muscles and tendons that allow the jaws to be extreme flexible.
3. Despite to fact 2., snakes aren't the best at deciding what they should eat! There are much reports of snakes outside actually killing themselves by attempting to eat unhealthy stuff like crocodiles!!
4. Well not all female snakes need male snakes to reproduce. Including timber rattlesnakes, Burmese pythons and copperheads, can reproduces through parthogenesis: whats a type of asexual reproduction where the offspring are genetic clones of their mothers!
5. Last but not least, snakes can still kill you after they're dead! There bodies retain certain reflexes after they've passed away, and for venomous snakes, the reflex of biting is still there after death! There are reports out there from people who go through!